Scar Therapy Gel
It is for scars old and new, hypertrophic, keloid, red scars, elevated scars, pruritic (itchy) scars.
Strataderm softens and flattens raised scars, relieves itching and discomfort of scars, reduces redness and discolouration, and prevents abnormal and excessive scar formation.
Strataderm is a drying, non-sticky, transparent silicone gel. Hydrates and protects scars, suitable for children and people with sensitive skin.
It is a self-drying gel for managing hypertrophic and keloid scars professionally. Strataderm was developed for use on all types of scars, including general and cosmetic surgery, trauma, chronic wounds, bites and burns, acne, and other diseases on the skin. The robust and durable formulation of Strataderm allows for once-daily application.
- Strataderm contains no active ingredients and is therefore suitable for all skin types, children, people with sensitive skin, pregnant women, and breastfeeding mothers.
- Strataderm is transparent and odourless. It does not contain alcohol, fragrances or parabens.
- Your skin does not absorb Strataderm.
- Strataderm is suitable for all skin types.
- Strataderm is non-reactive with no measurable pH.
- Strataderm is easy to use at home.
- It can be applied to joints, contoured areas, and hairy areas.
- Is a class 1 medical product TGA approved for professional scar management
- It can be covered by cosmetics and sunscreens once dry
Strataderm forms a flexible and water-resistant film, which protects scars from microbial and chemical invasions. It helps normalise collagen production and prevents abnormal scarring.
Strataderm modulates the level of basic fibroblastic growth factors (Bfgf), which influence the formation of hypertrophic scar tissue.
Step 1: Prepare your skin
Ensure that your skin is clean and dry.
Step 2: Apply Strataderm
With your fingertips, apply a thin layer of Strataderm to the relevant areas and distribute it evenly. Strataderm does not penetrate the skin.
Step 3: Allow the gel to dry
When applied correctly, Strataderm should be dry in 3–4 minutes.
If it takes longer to dry, you have probably applied too much gel. Gently remove any excess gel with a tissue or paper towel and allow the drying process to continue. Remember: a little gel goes a long way.
Step 4: You are ready to go!
Once dry, Strataderm can be covered with clothes, sunscreen or cosmetics.
For external use only. Strataderm should not be used on open wounds or third-degree burns, placed in contact with mucous membranes or the eyes and should not be applied over other skin treatments without the advice of your physician. If irritation occurs, discontinue use and consult your physician. Keep this product out of children's reach. Store below 22⁰c (77⁰F)